Carnival Cruise Line has announced that its 130,000-tonne Carnival Magic will undergo an extensive multi-million-dollar dry dock in preparation for its Caribbean debut in April.
The refurbishment will add a variety of exciting dining and bar innovations, including Guy’s Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Pizzeria del Capitano and the Alchemy Bar.
Currently sailing from Galveston, Texas, Carnival Magic will reposition to Port Canaveral, Florida in April this year to begin year-round Caribbean departures.
Carnival Cruise Line Vice President Australia Jennifer Vandekreeke said Carnival Magic was already a groundbreaking ship as it was the first to feature the cruise line’s popular Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant, Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub and SportSquare outdoor recreation facility.
“With its new features, Carnival Magic is set to be a huge hit with guests, offering loads of family fun and adventures as it sails from America’s home of family holidays, Florida,” Ms Vandekreeke said.
The two-week dry dock is now underway and will conclude on March 6, 2016, with new spaces to include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint: a free poolside venue developed in partnership with food personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries in an atmosphere celebrating the chef’s California roots
- RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside bar offering the quintessential Caribbean holiday vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor watering hole offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chilling by the pool
- Pizzeria del Capitano: an expansion of the line’s Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian eatery offering five varieties of hand-tossed artisanal-style pizza, all available free of charge 24 hours a day
- Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests’ own custom-created cocktails
The new spaces will complement the Carnival Magic’s existing array of onboard features, including the SportSquare outdoor recreation area with a suspended ropes course offering views to the sea 15 metres below; a 2113-square-metre Cloud 9 Spa with a thalassotherapy pool, thermal suite and 17 private treatment rooms and a massive WaterWorks aqua park highlighted by a 95-metre long Twister slide.
Carnival Magic will offer two distinctly different week-long itineraries from Cape Canaveral – a western Caribbean route featuring Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) and Costa Maya; and an eastern Caribbean option calling at St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau or Amber Cove.