Most affordable destinations for AU in September
The global travel engine has scoured domestic and international flight costs across this year to reveal which cities are the most affordable next month. In some cases, flights in September are over 60% cheaper than the average price for 2015.
Alana Saphin-Polcheb, Skyscanner’s Head of Marketing for Oceania said,
“With a weak Australian dollar making oversees travel expensive, it makes sense to try and save money ahead of your holiday so you’ve got more to play with when you’re there.
“Flight prices fluctuate constantly and the price you pay is dependent on various factors such as routes, timings and airlines. As our data shows, there’s opportunity for significant cost savings on flights in September compared to the rest of the year. The more flexible you can be, the more likely it is that you will bag a bargain. On Skyscanner you can search flights by the whole month and find the cheapest days to travel easily by looking at the ‘chart’ view. Alternatively, if your heart is set on a particular destination, sign up to receive Price Alerts to monitor the rise and fall of fares.”
Best bang for your buck this September:
– The Adelaide to Melbourne route is 60% cheaper in September with flights from $95, compared to an average $239.68 for 2015
– Brisbanites looking to take a city break this month can find flights over 50% cheaper than the year’s average
– A ticket to Hong Kong will give Perth travellers the best bargain in September. Flights to the city are up to 61% cheaper in September compared to the average for the rest of the year
– Whilst the Gold Coast is the best destination for Melbournians looking to make their dollar work harder this September, for those wanting to go further afield, Shanghai as a destination is 29% cheaper in September, compared to the annual average
– Hopping across the ditch is the best bet for value seeking travellers from Sydney in September. However Hong Kong, Tokyo, Amsterdam and Manilla are also in the top five for Sydney siders with savings of up to 33% for flights in September
Skyscanner compares millions of prices from airlines and online travel agencies to help travellers find the best deal on their flights. Travellers search with Skyscanner and are redirected to book with one of over 1,000 global partners.