From Stilettos to Slippers
No hotel is more excited about welcoming Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia 2019, than award-winning, design-led hotel collection, Ovolo Hotels. Talking the talk, and walking the walk, Ovolo showcase their dedication to the Australian fashion industry, with a limited-edition, ‘Ready-to-Wear’ hotel slipper with luxe accessories label, Mara & Mine.
As the official hotel sponsor of MBFWA and in signature Ovolo style, this collection of hotels is bringing their mantra of effortless-living to elevate the MBFWA experience with this unique designer collaboration. Made from quality black terrycloth with gold embroidered stitching, a signature detail of the Mara & Mine brand, this collectively designed slipper is a playful double entendre: ‘Ready-to-Wear’ and indeed, ready to wear after a long day on one’s feet between “ready to wear” shows.
Director of Marketing of Ovolo Hotels, Stephen Howard says “Partnering with disruptive and innoative accessorises label Mara & Mine to create the ultimate slipper, takes our guests from robe to runway or from stilettos to slippers. With fashion at the core of Ovolo, this collaboration has come to life on the toes of those staying at our Ovolo Hotels in Sydney across the week and at MBFWA.”
For the duration of MBFWA (12th – 18th May), Australia and the South Pacific’s #1 and #3 Hotel in the TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards, Ovolo Woolloomooloo and Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour, will offer the ‘Instagrammer’s dream’ footwear as a gift in their indivudual rooms.
“Mara and Mine’s collections are centred around stylish shoes with bold accents whilst offering the wearer a chic, comfortable footwear wardrobe. With this collaboration we have taken our comfort to the next level, creating the ultimate Ovolo hotel slipper for guests and the fashion set throughout fashion week,” said Tamie Ingham and Jasmine Stefanovic, founders and designers of Mara & Mine.
For those hoping to pick up a pair, Ovolo and Mara & Mine will sell 50 pairs of the limited edition “Ready-To-Wear” Ovolo x Mara & Mine slippers on www.maraandmine.com.au, with proceeds donated not-for-profit organisation, Dress For Success. Dress For Success empowers women all over the world by providing support, professional attire and developmental tools to help women thrive in work and in life. The organisation provides women with outfits, guidance and support for job interviews, as well as holding programs to support and build confidence whilst looking for employment.
About Ovolo Hotels
Founded by Girish Jhunjhnuwala in 2002, Ovolo Hotels has become one of Hong Kong’s largest independent owner, operator hospitality firms, by providing business and leisure guests with the best in effortless living. The company keeps in touch with the modern traveller through award-winning interior designs, detail-driven comforts, focused all-inclusive service and cutting-edge en suite technology, all done in Ovolo Hotel’s signature style. A proud Hong Kong brand, Ovolo Hotels remains a family-owned and privately-operated business with a charitable core. The company now runs four hotels in Hong Kong, and six hotels across Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane. Ovolo Hotels has also recently launched a new brand Mojo Nomad in Central which opened in September 2018, and in Aberdeen Harbour Hong Kong which opened its doors in December 2017. Mojo Nomad is a co-habitation concept for global nomads that combines travel, lifestyle and community at its core and will be entering the Australian market in the near future.
About Mara & Mine
With fashion being a core pillar of the Ovolo brand, the alignment was a natural one. As the official hotel partner Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia 2019, the hotel is a regular hotspot for Sydney’s fashion elite.
Created by Tamara Ingham & Jasmine Stefanovic, two young, talented Australians based in Los Angeles.
With backgrounds on opposite ends of fashion–Jasmine, an international model, and Tamie, a fashion stylist–the two took their love of fashion and design and embarked on their newest adventure launching Mara & Mine with their Spring/Summer 2013 collection.
Mara & Mine sights inspiration from a woman’s off-duty style, creating a modern at shoe range full of attitude and intrigue.
Handmade from luxurious leathers, materials and hand crafted hardware sourced for the best quality and wearability. Leathers are sourced from Italy and Spain.
Behind the label is an aura of androgyny blended with classicism, creating a loyal following of wearers who are elegant and strong, yet adventurous and risky. Each season, Mara & Mine pushes the boundaries on the classic shoe with a modern twist. Effortless style where accessories feature.
About Dress For Success
Dress for Success Sydney is a not-for-profit organisation that supports and empowers over 3,000 unemployed women a year to achieve financial independence. The programs provide donated work clothing, style mentoring, job-search skills, career coaching and networking at no cost to the women using the services.
- Dress of Success is a global movement, It was Dress established in New York in 1997 with a $5000 inheritance cheque. · Today we operate in 153 cities across 30 countries.
- Globally we have helped place over 1million women on the path to self-sufficiency.
- The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of women in need by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Dress for Success has inspired change and provided support to more than 27,000 women across Australia. We have affiliates in Sydney Brisbane, South Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth.
- Many of the women that we support every year have experienced some degree of poverty, hardship, abuse or negative life circumstance that has rendered them uncertain, and in doubt about their capabilities and position within the community.
- In 2018, Dress for Success empowered more than 4,500 Australian women.
- We work to re-build these women’s confidence to re-enter the workforce, optimising their potential to achieve self-sufficiency and financial independence.
- Dress for Success is a volunteer powered organisation. Nationally we are supported by more than 1,600 volunteers, who donate more than 26,000 hours each year
- There are currently just over 340,000 women registered as seeking employment across Australia.
- 2019 marks Dress for Success Sydney’s 10th anniversary.
- In NSW we have established branches in the Illawarra & Newcastle – in our effort to reach out to women in remote and rural regions, targeting areas experiencing high unemployment rates.