CINZ introduces new Day Buyer initiative for MEETINGS 2019
Event planners will be lunching for a good cause when they sign up for the new Day Buyer programme at CINZ MEETINGS 2019 in Auckland from 29 to 30 May.
The new ‘Meet, Eat and Speak’ event will be a free lunchtime experience for day buyers, combining fare from award-winning social enterprise Eat My Lunch with a showcase of talented speakers from Celebrity Speakers.
Conventions and Incentives New Zealand (CINZ) Chief Executive Sue Sullivan says for every one of the 500 lunches served to day buyers across the two days, CINZ in conjunction with Eat My Lunch will donate lunch to a New Zealand child in need.
“Our guests will be able to find out first-hand what an impact their lunch is having for Kiwi kids when they listen to Lisa King, the founder of Eat My Lunch who will be speaking on both days,” she says.
Each day the Celebrity Speaker Showcase will profile a high calibre line-up of potential conference speakers.
As well as Lisa King, the Celebrity Speaker Showcase this year includes Melodie Robinson, well-known sports commentator and NZ Black Ferns Champion; Dr Farah Palmer, the first female board member for Rugby NZ, former Black Ferns Captain, and community leader; Gilbert Enoka, All Blacks’ General Manager who will share insights into team culture, mental skills and leadership, and Melissa Chan-Green (nee Davies), popular New Zealand journalist and broadcaster, and the face of Three’s Newshub.
Day buyers can join the MEETINGS pre-scheduled appointment programme for either 29 or 30 May or tour the exhibition in their own time and meet exhibitors of interest.
“We make it easy for busy event planners to visit MEETINGS and book their entire event within a day, or even just a few hours,” Sue Sullivan says.
“A typical half day at MEETINGS would include a visit to the regional bureau of their choice for initial advice, meeting one or two venues and caterers, enquiring about team activities, entertainment, speakers, event theming, fun photography, executive gifts, and then attending the ‘Meet, Eat and Speak’ event.”
Held at the Logan Campbell Centre alongside the MEETINGS exhibition at ASB Showgrounds, Meet, Eat and Speak will boast contemporary styling by Centrepiece, table linen from Pacific Linen, and AV by High Definition Audio Visual ( HDAV).
Online registration is free for Day Buyers attending MEETINGS 2018, and plenty of free parking is available at the event venue, ASB Showgrounds.
- CINZ MEETINGS 2019 is New Zealand’s largest business tourism trade exhibition.
- Auckland is host city, and the event takes place at ASB Showgrounds from 28-30 May.
- Conventions & Incentives New Zealand (CINZ) owns and manages the event, which has been run annually since 1997.
- MEETINGS is New Zealand’s leading platform for connecting influential domestic, Australian and international buyers with key regions, meeting facilities, accommodation, off-site venues and activities.
- The event generated over $60 million of signed business during its two days in 2018.
- Air New Zealand is Principal Sponsor for CINZ MEETINGS 2019, renewing its ongoing commitment to the sector and to the hosted buyer and media programmes.
- Other major sponsors include ASB Showgrounds, Peek Exhibition, EventsAIR, and Auckland Convention Bureau.
- The 2019 event will showcase over 190 exhibitors from 20 regions across New Zealand to more than 700 New Zealand, Australian and international buyers. Exhibitors include venues, theming companies, hotels, AV companies, regional bureaux, attractions and activities.
- More than 220 qualified hosted buyers are expected to attend, including 90 hosted buyers and media from Australia, over 30 from international markets, 120 hosted buyers and media from around New Zealand. As well, more than 500 day buyers are set to attend.
- Tourism New Zealand and Air New Zealand are bringing influential buyers and media from China, Asian markets and North America.
- CINZ MEETINGS 2019 includes a pre-touring programme with places for 52 Australian hosted buyers to five regional destinations.
- Northland, Rotorua, Wellington and Queenstown prior to MEETINGS and a new signature event, a special post-MEETINGS famil to Christchurch.