Scenic has created an exciting new South America program for 2019/2020 with new itineraries, new Scenic Freechoice, exclusive Scenic Enrich experiences, new tour extensions and attractions, and amazing new city stays – all in our signature handcrafted luxury with a maximum group size of only 24 guests.
To celebrate the launch Scenic has created great promotional offers for bookings made by 31 July 2019, including:
· Partner flights included on any South America journey of 24–34 days;
· Book any journey to South America of 30-34 days, and fly Business Class from $4,495 per person, and enjoy an upgrade to an Expedition cabin on the Santa Cruz II Galapagos cruise; or
· Book any journey to South America of 24-28 days and fly Business Class from $4,495 per person;
· Save up to $800 per couple – book any journey to South America of 18-21 days to enjoy an air credit of $400 per person toward your international airfare.
Travellers who book now and pay the journey in full by 31 July 2019 will also receive up to $350 per person discount.
The program is comprised of two core itineraries with add-ons to explore the riches of the Amazon the life-changing Galapagos Islands, and stunning Patagonia:
· Icons of South America, 18 Day tour from Lima to Buenos Aires, starting from $13,795 per person. Journey through three countries that will fascinate you with their rich history, beautiful environment and iconic cultures. You’ll be charmed and enchanted during your time in Peru, Brazil and Argentina. From the World Heritage-listed Machu Picchu with its mysterious origins, to the friendly hospitality of the Sacred Valley inhabitants, and the passion and fire of Rio de Janeiro, there’s plenty to delight across this South American odyssey.
· Icons of South America with Amazon Cruise, 21 Day tour and cruise, Lima to Buenos Aires, from $17,395 per person. If you were to seek out South America’s beating heart it would certainly be found amongst the lush jungle of the Amazon. This journey offers up plenty of opportunities to experience one of the last great rainforests, before introducing you to the many other wonders of this continent.
Here are just some of the reasons you need to travel to South America in 2019/2020 with Scenic:
• NEW Scenic Enrich
Buenos Aires farewell dinner – Behind Closed Doors. Buenos Aires offers a new culinary experience led by chefs. Known as puerta cerradas, or closed-door restaurants, this is a new scene in Buenos Aires and is something between a private dinner party, a pop up and a restaurant. We knock on the doors of one of Buenos Aires’ best puertas cerradas, and our guests enjoy an exclusive meal, complete with wine pairing and an empanada making class.
• NEW Scenic Freechoice
In the Sacred Valley, enjoy a walking tour of the Pisac ruins, beautiful agricultural terraces and hilltop ruins built by the Incans, or visit Moray and Inca saltpans, the legacy of the Inca and Peru’s indigenous culture.
In Buenos Aires, for the more active, take an e-bike tour to discover the green side of the city. Get off the beaten path to visit hidden gardens and vibrant backstreets. Meet a local artist to discover the vibrant urban art scene. Visit hidden art spots and open air galleries. Or, bask in the marvellous architecture of the city’s belle époque on an architecture walking tour.
• NEW Attractions
In the Sacred Valley, learn how to make two of the country’s signature offerings: ceviche and pisco sours, during a cooking demonstration.
In Patagonia tours we visit Estancia Cristina, which stands on a remote corner of the “Los Glaciares” National Park. Accessible only by boat, it was strategically built on a glacial valley, one of the area’s most spectacular natural settings. The Estancia is surrounded by picturesque views of snow-capped mountains, lakes, rivers and hanging glaciers.
• NEW Scenic Sundowners
Journey to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain via cable car, where you will enjoy Scenic Sundowner drinks while taking in the spectacular views of Rio and the surrounding landscape at sunset
Our guests are assured the comfort and intimacy of a smaller group and the perks of a tailored experience. They will explore the beautiful locales with like-minded people and return with a lifetime of memories and lifelong friends.
For more information call Scenic on 138 128 or visit scenic.com.au/tours/south-america