Sales open for MSC Virtuosa, the highly anticipated fourth Meraviglia generation ship
MSC Cruises – the Swiss-based world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe, South America and the Arabian Peninsula has announced the opening of sales for MSC Virtuosa, spending her inaugural season in the Western Mediterranean from 8th November 2020. Sales are initially open exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club members, as one of the many benefits of the programme that rewards loyal MSC Cruises guests. For all other guests, sales will open on December 3rd.
MSC Virtuosa will be the fourth ship in the Meraviglia generation and the second Meraviglia-plus ship with additional cabins and even more public space, MSC Meraviglia has come into service in June 2017. MSC Virtuosa has been named to pay homage to the skill and expertise of our architects and shipyard partners at Les Chantiers de l’Atlantique who designed and built this innovative class of ships, which delivers “excellence” in both hardware and software when it comes to the guest experience.
This ground-breaking class of ships has been designed to be rich in onboard features and MSC Virtuosa will be no exception, offering MSC Cruises guests a wide range of entertainment, dining, relaxation, shopping and other features as well as the MSC Yacht Club “ship within a ship” concept for those seeking exclusivity and luxury within a world of choice. MSC Virtuosa will offer guests a singular holiday experience with highlights such as:
- Two brand new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows, created exclusively for MSC Cruises’ guests by the world leader in live entertainment, Cirque du Soleil. With performances six nights per week in the purpose-built Carousel Lounge, guests will be able to enjoy a unique experience that cannot be had anywhere else at sea, available exclusively on board MSC Cruises’ Meraviglia generation ships.
- The very latest in technology designed to enrich the guest cruise experience as part of the much-acclaimed digital innovation programme, MSC for Me. Every cabin will be fitted with custom-built voice-enabled Artificial Intelligence technology in every cabin. Zoe, MSC Cruises’ new digital cruise assistant – an industry first – is a bespoke device designed by HARMAN International, the experts in the field of voice-enabled technology. She will speak 7 languages and will be on-hand to offer guests a simple and stress-free way to find out information about everything the ships has to offer in the comfort of the cabin.
- An unprecedented choice of both fine dining and more casual options serving fresh, authentic food to meet the tastes of all guests, across multiple venues plus a huge range of bars for every occasion.
- The Promenade will be extended with a larger shopping area and will feature a new restaurant concept exclusively for MSC Aurea experience guests. In addition, a new bar and lounge, L’Atelier Bistrot will offer lounge seating with a stage and a dance floor in the heart of the Promenade.
- A wide array of family facilities and entertainment make this ship ideal for family holidays, thanks to programmes and facilities designed in partnership with leading family experts including LEGO® and Chicco.
- Six ports in seven nights in the Western Mediterranean: MSC Virtuosa will call at the iconic ports of Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona as well as other highly sought after destinations.
MSC Virtuosa will be fitted with state-of-the-art environmental technology to reduce her environmental footprint including: an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; smart heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) to recover heat from machinery spaces; and LED lighting and smart devices to significantly save energy. This is all part of MSC Cruises commitment to provide guests with the best holiday experiences at sea in a sustainable way.
When booking MSC Virtuosa over the initial two-week opening of sales period exclusive to them, MSC Voyagers Club members will receive a special 5% discount in addition to their 5% loyalty discount as well as benefitting from being able to have the first selection of cabins. Other guests will also enjoy a 5% early booking discount until June 3rd 2019.
MSC Virtuosa will commence her maiden voyage from Genoa, Italy on November 8th 2020.
Key Stats: 181,000 gross tonnage, 331 metres in length, 2,421 cabins with a maximum capacity of 6,334 guests. Link to image here
For more information and bookings visit www.msccruises.com.au
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s largest privately-owned cruise company and the number one cruise line in Europe and South America, South Africa and the Arabian Peninsula. A game-changer in the world of cruises, the Company has achieved 800% growth in its first ten years, building a global reputation in the industry and one of the youngest cruise fleets at sea. MSC Cruises is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
The MSC Cruises fleet comprises 17 highly innovative and elegantly designed ships, offering an unparalleled holiday experience with authentic food, award-winning entertainment, plenty of relaxation, comfortable accommodation, as well as impeccable service and expertise.
Under its ambitious industry-unprecedented €10.5 billion investment plan, the fleet is set to expand to 24 mega-cruise ships by 2026. To date, MSC Cruises has designed six new ship classes, all prototypes that push the boundaries of marine architecture and design.
MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility towards the physical and human environments in which it operates. The Company operates with the greatest respect for the world’s oceans and is on an ongoing journey to further develop innovative ways of lowering the environmental impact of its cruise passages.
MSC Cruises’ holiday experiences are sold across the globe through a distribution network in 67 countries. The Company employs over 17,000 people worldwide, both ashore and on board its ships. MSC Cruises is part of MSC Group which is comprised of leading transport and logistics companies.