Doors Now Open at Riley, A Crystalbrook Collection Resort
Riley is the first of three five-star properties Crystalbrook Collection will bring to the city over the next 14 months and the newest five-star hotel in Cairns for over 20 years, providing a significant boost for the thriving tourist region.
Tourism Tropical North Queensland CEO Pip Close welcomed Riley to the destination’s tourism offerings: “The opening of this new Crystalbrook Collection hotel is very exciting for Tropical North Queensland as it will be a long-awaited drawcard for visitors looking for a new accommodation experience in the region.”
Riley opened its doors yesterday at 10am, with 170 staff on-site to welcome their first guests.
Included in the resort is:
- 311 rooms and suites. All featuring:
- In-room iPad control centres
- Hundreds of complimentary recent release movies and box sets
- Staycast by Google Chromecast for all your favourite streaming services
- 24-hour in-room dining
- 1,000sqm swimming lagoon
- Manmade beach and secluded cabanas
- Three themed restaurants and bars, all overlooking the Coral Sea:
- Paper Crane, a modern Asian fusion restaurant and bar seating 320 people
- Rocco, Cairns first rooftop bar; Mediterranean inspired and standing 12 floors above sea level (opening 20 December 2018)
- Greenfields, with a focus on all things raw and simple (opening 20 December 2018) * Luxury Eléme Day Spa (opening 20 December 2018)
- 24-hour fitness centre (opening 20 December 2018)
- Conference and events space for up to 400 across the east and west wings
- Interactive communal self-booking tour centre
Crystalbrook Collection CEO Mark Davie said: “This is a momentous day for Crystalbrook Collection. It’s fantastic to finally welcome our first guests and to see everybody enjoying the resort.
“I’m thrilled to see a lot of local faces as well; we will always be grateful for the unrelenting support the Cairns community has given us,” he said.
General Manager, Riley, and Area Manager, Cairns, Joel Gordon said: “We’ve been planning for this day for a long time. I couldn’t be prouder of the Riley team. We have a big task ahead of us delivering fresh, thoughtful and truly exceptional hospitality and I couldn’t ask for a better team to achieve this.”
Crystalbrook Collection Family
Riley is the first of the Crystalbrook Collection hotels and resorts. The group compares their collection to a family, where each property shares the same heritage but enjoys their own unique personality.
Riley is the mindful sibling who is all about living in the moment and embracing the now. The resort is situated at the northern end of Cairns iconic waterfront Esplanade.
About Crystalbrook Collection
Crystalbrook Collection is an Australian based tourism and hospitality group. Its portfolio consists of Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, hotel and resort developments, a luxury lodge and a 90-foot motor yacht.
To date, Crystalbrook Collection has committed more than AU$800 million in tourism investments within Australia. The group has recently added Littlie Albion in Sydney’s Surry Hills to the family (trading from December 2018) and have their eyes set on other key Australian destinations.
Crystalbrook Collection and Ghassan Aboud Group
Crystalbrook Collection is owned by accomplished entrepreneur and philanthropist Ghassan Aboud. Ghassan Aboud Group is a multi-business conglomerate engaged in automobiles, real estate, retail, bespoke catering, media and logistics. In business for more than two decades, the group operates from its global headquarters in the United Arab Emirates with offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Jordan and Turkey.
The establishment of Crystalbrook Collection in Australia marks the groups substantial investment foray in the region – notably in the acquisition, development and management of hospitality, tourism and related assets.