Stuba: More 2019 Europe early bird specials
Stuba is literally overflowing with 2019 Europe early birds, with the contracts department adding thousands more specials. This week we take a look at France.
One of the more popular parts of France, is Nice. An amazing history can be traced back to the Gallo-Roman ruins of Cimiez, containing a monastery. Further, Nice was part of the Italian Duchy of Savoia and following, the Kingdom of Sardinia, until it was ceded to France in 1860.
When travellers think of Nice, they think of the Promenade des Anglais, the beautiful waterfront stretch of beach, on the French Riviera; one of the regions biggest tourism drawcard.
Some of the most fun and relaxing things to do are:
1. Hit the Beach; Most of the free access beaches are actually stone, with some of the private beaches having sand artificially laid. The notion of a ‘paid’ beach would be foreign to some, but in Europe it can be common. Either way, spend the day lying on a towel soaking up the warmth and get in some quality people watching.
2. Musee Matisse: Being a local, the museum dedicated to Henri Matisse is a winner. Dozens of pieces make this museum well worth the trek up the hill. Famous for colour and bold expression.
3. Colline du Chateau: Overlooking the Baie des Anges and the harbour, this is one of the best spots for overlooking the city. Not much remains of the castle, but the walk is worth it. For elderly pax, there is a lift. On the subject of parks, a must do is the Parc Phoenix, a superb botanical garden boasting 2500 different plants and animals.
4. With some of the finest retraunts and eateries, Nice has something for every budget. Fine dine at L’Univers, Le Tire Biuchon, or for more busget pricing try Casa Mia, Le Delhi Belhi or Domaine De Lintillac. For pre dinner cocktails, head to Le Marches, or Checkpoint.
5. Tour By Bike: A well run public bike system (Velo Bleu) allows great access across Nice, and helps burn a few calories before dinner. ebikes are available for those a little weary at the thought of heading into the steep hills of Nice.