“Explorer Dream” joins the Dream Cruises fleet
Newest Addition will Strengthen Dream Cruises’ Brand Recognition with new itineraries from April 2019;
Evolution into “Asia’s Global Cruise Line” by Voyaging Outside of Asian Waters with Australia and New Zealand Homeports from October 2019
Genting Cruise Lines announced the latest addition to the Dream Cruises family with “Explorer Dream”, a 75,338 gross ton, 1,870 passenger cruise ship that will join the fleet in spring 2019 in the role of pathfinder for the brand’s global aspirations. Formerly the “SuperStar Virgo” of sister brand Star Cruises, “Explorer Dream” will undergo a US 30 million dollar transformation in March 2019 that will incorporate exquisite new facilities including The Palace, Dream Cruises’ signature, luxury private enclave featuring 50 suites and butler service. An integral part of the brand, Dream Cruises was the first cruise line to offer this concept to discerning, high-end travellers cruising Asia. Additionally, guests will be able to enjoy all new food and beverage options combining the best of “East meets West” and a new Crystal Life Spa for the ultimate in pampering and relaxation.
Taking the first step to evolve Dream Cruises into “Asia’s Global Cruise Line” by sailing outside Asian waters, from October 2019, Explorer Dream will homeport in Sydney and Auckland where she will embark on 21 seven-night weekly itineraries.
“Queensland and the Barrier Reef Cruises”, 6 one-week cruises starting 27 October 2019, calling at:
* MacKay: *Gateway to the Whitsunday Islands and the southern Great Barrier Reef
* Moloolooba: Located on the famous Sunshine Coast of Queensland
* Brisbane: The capital of Queensland and north of the world-famous Gold Coast, and
* Newcastle: Gateway to the Hunter Valley wine region
“Tasmania and Melbourne Cruises”, 8 one-week cruises starting 15 December 2019, calling at:
* Port Arthur: A World Heritage city with the first settlements in Australia,
* Hobart: Capital of the State of Tasmania and one of the most charming cities in the world
* Burnie: Gateway port to North Tasmania, famous for its lavender fields and wine country, and
* Melbourne: Capital of the State of Victoria and consistently voted as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
“North and South New Zealand Cruises”, 7 one-week cruises starting 9 February 2020, calling at:
* Tauranga: With idyllic beaches and gateway to geothermal Rotorua, one of the best places to see boiling mud pools, geysers and natural hot spring and rich in local Maori history.
* Wellington: Capital of New Zealand and famous as the background of the “Lord of the Ring” and “Hobbit Trilogy” films
* Dunedin: Designated as a UNESCO City of Literature and the centre of learning in New Zealand with the largest university in the country
* Milford Sound: Nestled within the Fiordland National Park, with sheer rock surfaces rising up to 1,200 meters – the most famous New Zealand attraction
* Doubtful Sound: Scenic cruising through the second most famous New Zealand attraction
* Bay of Islands: A group of 144 islands, famous for its stunning beauty and history, featuring an abundance of wildlife including penguins, dolphins, marlins, whales, gannets and more.
“We will be accelerating this vision to develop Dream Cruises into Asia’s Global Cruise Line by utilising one of our best-loved ships, SuperStar Virgo, and converting her into a brand new sibling alongside Genting Dream and World Dream,” said Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, Executive Chairman of Genting Hong Kong. “With her strong heritage in the Asian cruise landscape and history in the region along with her world-renowned German engineering, SuperStar Virgo’s transformation into Explorer Dream will combine the best-in-class design and construction of her sister ships with acclaimed service that is Asian at heart and international in spirit.”
“Dream Cruises would like to thank all of our travel and business partners and our guests for making this new cruise brand such a success in only two years,” said Thatcher Brown, President of Dream Cruises. “With Explorer Dream as our pathfinder vessel, this truly marks the first giant step for Dream Cruises to become Asia’s Global Cruise Line.”