Rail Plus’ World Cup of Great Train Journeys has concluded after 32 days and the winning journey is none other than the Rocky Mountaineer, a firm favourite among many rail enthusiasts and travellers!
From the whopping 3,000 votes received throughout the GTJ World Cup, the end results reflected the ongoing popularity of many train journeys among Australian and New Zealand travellers including the Rocky Mountaineer, Great Southern Rail and the Trans-Siberian.
The eight most popular journeys were The Ghan, Rovos Rail, Rocky Mountaineer, The Silk Road, Venice-Simplon-Orient Express (VSOE), Persian Odyssey, Maharajas’ Express and the Tran-Siberian onboard The Golden Eagle (TSTGE). Of these, the final four that went head to head were The Ghan vs Rocky Mountaineer and VSOE vs TSTGE, where the finals saw the Rocky Mountaineer emerge victorious.
10 lucky agents who voted also took home $15 wine vouchers:
1. Tammy Aitchison, Redcliffe Cruise and Travel
2. Hina Sharma, Flight Centre Toombul Cruise
3. Simone Borstelj, Meridian Travel
4. Bronwyn Milne, Ashburton House of Travel NZ
5. Rebecca Drijfhout, Flight Centre Croydon
6. Bailey Gorst, Adventure World NZ
7. Kylie Andrews, Travel Managers
8. Mansi Mehta, CVFR Consolidation Services
9. Neil Kirby, Travel Masters
10. Kris Higgins, Travel Counsellors
For the full results of this GTJ World Cup series, visit https://www.railplus.com.au/specials/world-cup-of-great-train-journeys/
About Rail Plus
Rail Plus is Australasia’s leading international rail specialist. The company provides retail and wholesale travel companies with the ability to quickly and efficiently book and ticket an unrivalled range of train journeys, rail passes and point-to-point tickets on major rail networks across Europe, the UK, Asia, North America, Australia and New Zealand. For more information visit www.railplus.com.au.