Stunning and Diverse: South America
An amazing, large and diverse continent, South America has been one of the top tourism destinations for travellers for millennia. From the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, the hilltop ruins of a 15th century Inca city featuring beautiful terraces and spooky isolation, to the ancient civilisations of Peru, South America is both for adventure travel, and comfort travel.
This week we are taking a look at 3 destinations: Lima, Rio, and Buenos Aires; what to see, what to eat, and what to experience.
Top 3 Things to do in Lima:
1. Machu Picchu Day trip – yes it is possible ! – Cusco to Machu Picchu by train in just one day. It goes without saying that you need to book far ahead to avoid disappointment
2. Temple of Pachacamac: Immerse yourself in ancient murals depicting the life of far gone civilisations. Its possible to do a half day trip from Lima central
3. Nazca Lines: only visible form the air, these amazing ground drawings depict images close to the hearts of the Nazca people. Also locally, wildlife fans should visit the Ballestas Islands. Both on a day trip from Lima
roomsXML has 123 Properties in Lima
1. If you have only a single day, lock in the Floralis Generica (amazing flower sculpture), the La Recoleta Cemetary, almost 200 years old, housing notables such as Eva Peron. Visit the huge Obelisk made from Cordoba, and the pink Casa Rosada Palace.
2. An alternate day trip could comprise LA Boca, San Telmo, & the Recoleta, or museum hop in Palermo.
3. Buenos Aires for art lovers would include the Buenos Aires Museum of Modern Art, Fortabat Art Collection, the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, and the Xul Solar Museum
roomsXML has 423 properties in Buenos Aires
Rio De Janeiro
1. Christ The Redeemer would be first port of call. The iconic statue of Christ created by French sculptor Paul Landowski is a symbol of the country itself.
2. Ipanema: Chic boutiques, popular sun bathing beach, and people viewing. Enjoy with a cold one at one of the many eateries or drinkeries.
3. To eat, don’t go past either Satyricon, Zaza Tropical Disco, or Gero Ipanema. Not cheap, but top food rarely is.
roomsXML has 202 properties in Rio
roomsXML has over 96,000 properties worldwide. If you are unsure about which property to book, always check for the ‘Preferred’ logo next to the hotel; that means its been recommended by other Travel Agents. Thanks for Wikitravel for the tips.