EEAA’s new board announced at AGM
The Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia’s (EEAA) new Board has been announced at its Annual General Meeting in Sydney on 7 June, following a two-day festival of ideas incorporating the EEAA Leaders Forum, Global Exhibitions Day dinner and Conference.
Six Board positions were open for nomination for the 2018/2019 term including two Organiser positions, three Venue Positions and one Supplier Positions, and all positions were won by current Board Directors renominating in their category.
Welcomed back for another term were: David Longman from Diversified Communications Australia, Matt Pearce from Talk2 Media & Events, Helen Mantellato from ICC Sydney, Peter Thorpe from Sydney Showground, Leighton Wood from Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and Shaun Rae from ExpoNet.
The office bearers were also confirmed as Spiro Anemogiannis, President; David Longman, Vice-President; Bob O’Keeffe, Treasurer and Jo-Anne Kelleway, Secretary.
EEAA Chief Executive said the Association was in good shape and remarked on the quality of Board nominees, saying “what a healthy sign when we have this level of interest in volunteering to serve the Association and the industry.”
During the AGM, the Association also thanked Peter King from the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and Jim Delahunty from ExpoNet, who both retired from their Board position during the last term.
EEAA President, Spiro Anemogiannis reported on the achievements of the last year and said, “We made positive steps towards cementing EEAA’s position as the peak body for the exhibition and event industry in Australasia and as a respected national and international voice for the sector.”
EEAA Executive Board
EEAA congratulates the following on their re-appointment to the Board:
- David Longman, Diversified Communications Australia (Organiser)
- Matt Pearce, Talk2 Media & Events (Organiser)
- Helen Mantellato, International Convention Centre Sydney (Venue)
- Peter Thorpe, Sydney Showground (Venue)
- Leighton Wood, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (Venue)
- Shaun Rae, ExpoNet (Supplier)
They join mid-term Members:
- President – Spiro Anemogiannis, Informa Australia (Organiser)
- Treasurer – Robert O’Keefe, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (Venue)
- Secretary – Jo-Anne Kelleway, Info Salons Australia (Supplier)
- Paul Elliott, Harry the Hirer (Supplier)
- Ross Ferrar, Gaming Technologies Association (Association Organiser)
- Brian Thomas, Reed Exhibitions Australia (Organiser)
- Felicity Zadro, Zadro (Supplier)
EEAA thanks all those who nominated for the Board and all Members who attended the AGM held at Pier One, Sydney Harbour on June 7, 2018.