Silversea unveils new 2019/2020 itineraries
The ultra-luxury cruise line, Silversea Cruises, today announces its classic fleet’s 2019/2020 itineraries, which comprise 89 voyages to Australasia, Asia, South America, the Caribbean, and more —all available for travellers to reserve from today.
Building on Silversea’s previously announced expedition itineraries for the same period, the new itineraries bring the total number of visited destinations to approximately 900 for 2019/2020. Carefully curated to expand the cruise line’s geographical footprint and unlock new experiences in the world’s most spectacular destinations, the new 2019/2020 itineraries include a full four month programme in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific between November 2019 and March 2020, a circumnavigation of South America, and increased capacity in Asia, among other highlights. Ten inaugural calls will be made in such fascinating places as the picturesque city of Timaru in New Zealand, with its lovely botanical gardens and bluestone buildings, Fiji’s volcanic Dravuni Island and the lushly forested Cayman Brac in the Cayman Islands.
“We are excited to unveil our new range of culturally enriching, port-intensive itineraries for 2019/2020,” comments Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s CEO. “Aboard our fleet of spacious yet intimate ships, we continue to unlock a wealth of authentic experiences for our guests across the world, from the most cherished cities in each region to new far-flung destinations. Our characteristic 6-star hospitality, uncompromising service, and exquisite cuisine will enrich the on-board experience for our guests.”
Highlights of the 2019/2020 itineraries include:
Australia and New Zealand: Following her inaugural sailing to the region in 2018/2019, Silver Muse will spend more than four months in Australia and New Zealand in 2019/2020, marking her longest season in the region to date. From Australia’s Great Barrier Reef to New Zealand’s majestic fjords, the region’s amazing natural wonders will be unlocked through an extensive series of mostly 14-day immersive voyages, departing from Sydney or Auckland. Sample itineraries include:
- On 6 December 2019, Silver Muse departs Sydney for Auckland on a 14-day journey, visiting Melbourne, Tasmania, Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Lyttelton (Christchurch), Picton and Tauranga. Highlights include sailing the Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds in UNESCO-listed Fiordland National Park.
- On January 3 2020, Silver Muse sails roundtrip from Sydney on a 13-day voyage to the idyllic South Pacific islands. Visits to New Caledonia, Fiji, and Vanuatu reveal a magic realm of pristine beaches, colourful coral gardens, and cascading waterfalls.
The World Cruise 2020: Departing Fort Lauderdale for Amsterdam on 6 January 2020, Silver Whisper will become the first ever ship to visit all seven continents on a world cruise. The pioneering 140-day World Cruise 2020 will encompass 32 countries and 62 ports. Heading south, Silver Whisper will sail through the sunny Caribbean to the captivating east coast cities of South America to reach the amazing Antarctic Peninsula. After heading north to Valparaiso, a westward course will take her to the mystical Easter Island, enchanting South Pacific isles, and magnificent Australia. Next, guests will explore many exotic Asian gems, including Bali, Sri Lanka, and Mumbai, before continuing to the storied ports of the Mediterranean and Northern Europe.
South America: On 24 January 2020, Silver Shadow departs Fort Lauderdale on a 63-day full circumnavigation of South America. Highlights include a crossing of the Panama Canal, an inaugural overnight visit to Guayaquil, cruising Chile’s glorious fjords, an overnight stop in Rio de Janeiro, plus two-night stays in Buenos Aires and Callao—the gateway to the mysterious Machu Picchu. This vibrant continent may also be explored on four shorter segments, with departures from Fort Lauderdale, Callao, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janeiro.
Myanmar: Departing 19 November 2019 and 29 February 2020, a duet of Silver Spirit voyages incorporate multi-day stopovers in Myanmar, where guests can explore this beguiling country’s famous golden pagodas and ancient temples in depth. The voyages depart from Mumbai or Singapore with overnight stays in Sri Lanka included, among a host of visits to other exotic destinations in the Indian Ocean.
Asia: From the enchanting Land of the Rising Sun to the Great Wall of China and Vietnam’s surreal Ha Long Bay, the highlights of the voyages undertaken by Silver Spirit and Silver Muse will enable guests to discover the cultural and natural attractions of the Far East. Sample itineraries include:
- On 21 October 2019, Silver Muse spends 14 days soaking up the unique cultures and dynamic cities of China and Japan on a journey bookended by Tokyo and Hong Kong. The voyage includes an inaugural call in Hososhima and overnight stays in Osaka, Beijing, and Shanghai.
- On 7 December 2019, Silver Spirit showcases Southeast Asia on a 14-day sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong. Visits to Ko Samui, Chan May (the gateway to Da Nang and imperial Huế), and Ha Long Bay are complemented by an overnight stay in Bangkok and a multi-day stopover in Ho Chi Minh City.
Caribbean: Nearly two dozen voyages aboard Silver Wind, Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper spotlight the wonders of the sun-kissed Caribbean, from the lush rainforests of St. Lucia and the Spanish-tiled courtyards of San Juan to the chic cafés of St. Barts. Sample itineraries include:
- On 22 November 2019, Silver Whisper departs roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale to spend 14 days visiting such tropical treasures as Tortola, St. Barts, Les Saintes, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua, San Juan, and Key West. An overnight stay in St. Maarten will enable guests to travel deeper in this special destination.
- On 16 January 2020, Silver Wind sails from San Juan to Barbados on an 11-day voyage to reveal the allure of La Romana, Curaçao, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia, and Bequia, with an inaugural visit to Port of Spain along the way.
Also announced is the full schedule of expedition cruises aboard Silver Galapagos from January to June in 2020, continuing her ever-popular exploration of the pristine and biologically diverse islands of the Galápagos Islands, with two distinct seven-day itineraries that may be combined into 14-day sailings. The itinerary schedules for Silver Cloud and Silver Explorer have already been announced until mid-February 2020, while Silver Discoverer will leave Silversea’s fleet in the summer of 2019.
Visit www.silversea.com to browse the new itineraries.
For the full Day by Day calendar please click here.