SQ288 delivers new destinations to Sydney and Canberra
Singapore Airlines will begin operations of its new Singapore-Sydney-Canberra-Singapore flight this evening, marking a new chapter in the Airline’s long history of flying to Australia.
The new SQ288 flight will deliver Sydney customers a year-round fifth daily flight, with a new late night departure from Sydney and early morning arrival into Singapore.
The new early morning arrival will provide 19 new connections from Sydney to destinations on the Singapore Airlines and SilkAir network that customers previously would have had to stay overnight to reach.
From this evening customers will have the ability to connect seamlessly to:
Balikpapan, Bandar Seri Begawan, Bandung, Cebu, Danang, Davao, Fuzhou, Kailbo, Koh Samui, Luang Prabang, Makassar, Manado, Mandalay, Semarang, Shenzhen, Taipei, Vientiane, Wuhan and Xiamen.
In addition to the new connections, SQ288 will also provide customers travelling from Sydney additional options for connecting to Chiang Mai and Kunming, as well as a third-daily seamless connection to London.
For the Canberra market, the start of SQ288 will deliver another ‘first’ to the Australian capital, with the debut of First Class and Premium Economy Class. It will also see customers in Business class provided with a full flat bed.
Singapore Airlines Regional Vice President South West Pacific, Philip Goh, said the introduction of SQ288 reinforced Singapore Airlines’ commitment to the Canberra and Sydney markets.
“For more than 50 years we have flown to Sydney and increased our service offering to meet Sydney’s growing demand,” Mr Goh said.
“This new flight continues that commitment, taking the number of weekly flights between Sydney and Singapore to 35, ensuring our customers are provided with multiple travel options to meet their needs.
“For almost two years we have been working diligently to grow the Canberra market and today marks an exciting next step in our developing history of flying to Australia’s capital.
“As the first international airline to fly regularly scheduled services to Canberra we are very proud to be delivering another first, with the introduction of our First Class and Premium Economy Class cabins.
“The introduction of these new premium cabins, combined with lie-flat Business Class seats and the move to a daily service, will ensure the ACT and surrounding region is provided with a choice of premium travel options.”
SQ288 will be operated daily by a Boeing 777-300ER fitted with 264 seats across four cabins, with four First Class seats configured in a 1-2-1 layout, 48 Business Class seats also configured in a 1-2-1 layout, 28 Premium Economy Class seats in a 2-4-2 layout and 184 Economy Class seats in a 3-3-3 layout.
Customers travelling from Canberra in First, Business or Premium Economy Class will also have the ability to pre-select their main meal from Singapore Airlines’ ‘Book the Cook’ menu. The addition of this service from the Canberra market means that customers travelling in First, Business or Premium Economy Class from any of the six destinations in Australia served by Singapore Airlines can pre-select their main meal as part of the ‘Book the Cook’ program.
- Fixed-back shell design with curved side panels for privacy & exclusivity
- 35-inch wide seat upholstered in the finest leather
- Bespoke stowage compartments & stylish control panel
- Full-flat bed length of 82-inches
- 1-2-1 forward facing seating
- 24-inch HD LCD screen, with a touch screen handset
- Greater recline at 132 degrees
- 28-inch wide full-flat bed, at 78 inches in length
- Spacious 1-2-1 forward facing seating configuration
- 2 new sitting positions, Lazy Z & Sundeck, for more comfort and flexibility in lounging
- All-in-one business panel with in-seat power supply, USB and HDMI ports
- 18-inch HD LCD screen, with touch screen handset
- Side console conveniently located within reach in both seat and bed mode
Premium Economy Class:
- 8-inch recline to lounge & relax perfectly
- 38-inch seat pitch for more room to stretch out
- Easier access with 2-4-2 cabin layout
- 13.3-inch full HD touchscreen monitors
- Wider selection with 3 choices of main course
- Priority Check-In, Boarding & Baggage Handling
- 35kg baggage allowance
- Wide 18.6-inch seat
- Personal 11.1-inch touchscreen monitor
- New backrest cushion comes with bolstered sides for better back support
- Adjustable ergonomically sculpted headrests
- Enjoy a selection of Asian & International dishes
- Over 1,000 entertainment options with KrisWorld
- Personal non-intrusive reading light