New 2018 ‘Crystal Getaways’ set for Crystal River Cruises
Crystal River Cruises is unveiling more than two dozen new Crystal Getaways for three of its river ships in 2018.
Crystal River Cruises, the World’s Most Luxurious River Cruise Line, is unveiling more than two dozen new Crystal Getaways for three of its river ships, sailing between May and November of this year. The new collection of Getaways for the all-suite, all-butler Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Ravel feature multiple over nights in regal cities on six- to nine-day voyages.
“Crystal River Cruises’ hallmark is offering innovative itineraries that explore new places and longtime favourites catering to our guests’ own distinct style and length of exploration,” says Karen Christensen, senior vice president and managing director, Crystal Cruises, Australia & New Zealand. “These new Getaways, along with the full complement of voyages across the fleet, will feature the personalised service, culinary experiences, expansive all-suite design and other fine details only found with Crystal.”
The new itineraries sail along the Danube and Rhine rivers, with calls in Austria, Germany, Hungary, Switzerland, Slovakia, Belgium and the Netherlands. Guests can explore medieval fortresses and cathedrals, cobbled alleyways of charming riverside town squares, centuries of art and musical heritage, and the contrasting cosmopolitan hubs of modern society that border Europe’s waterways – all while enjoying Crystal River Cruises’ award-winning standard of luxury and service. The Crystal Getaways include:
- Romantic Rhine, 7 days (sailing between Amsterdam and Mainz) – Amsterdam, Netherlands; Antwerp, Belgium; Nijmegen, Netherlands; Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Rudesheim and Mainz, Germany.
- Rhine Serenade, 7 days (sailing between Mainz and Frankfurt) – Mainz, Speyer, Kehl (Strasbourg) and Breisach, Germany; Basel, Switzerland; and Frankfurt, Germany.
- Delightful Danube, 7 days (sailing between Regensburg and Budapest) – Regensburg and Passau, Germany; Melk, Dürnstein and Vienna, Austria; Bratislava, Slovakia; and Budapest, Hungary
- European Escape, 9 days (sailing between Amsterdam and Regensburg) – Amsterdam, Netherlands; Cologne, Miltenberg, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nuremberg and Regensburg, Germany
- European Treasures, 8 days (sailing between Nuremburg and Basel) – Nuremberg, Bamberg, Würzburg, Miltenberg, Koblenz, Speyer and Kehl (Strasbourg), Germany; and Basel, Switzerland (Mannheim, and Wertheim also featured on eastbound route only).
- Danube Getaway, 6 days (between Vienna and Nuremberg) – Vienna, Dürnstein, Melk and Linz, Austria; Passau, Regensburg and Nuremburg, Germany (Krems, Austria featured on southbound route only).
In addition to these new Getaways, Crystal Bach will sail three previously announced Getaways to the Netherlands and Belgium, highlighting the spectacular tulips and high season of the region in April and May.
As with all Crystal River Cruises voyages, a collection of more than 200 inclusive shore-side adventures enhance the journey. To ensure that every detail of each experience is in line with Crystal’s exacting standards of service, excursion group sizes are limited to no more than 15 guests; for larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request. Crystal Collection shore excursions offer guest transport to iconic sites and regions via spacious motor coaches that include free WiFi.
Crystal’s new river vessels are all-suite, all-butler vessels, with every category of accommodation perched above the waterline. They offer Crystal’s acclaimed butler service in every room category, king-sized beds, Panoramic Balcony-Windows, walk-in closets and dual vanity in the bathrooms in most categories, ETRO robes and slippers, and wall-mounted flat-screen HD TVs. Additional enticing features include farm-to-table cuisine in multiple, open-seating eateries: the elegant Waterside Restaurant, namesake Bistro cafés and the exclusive Vintage Room; and the Palm Court for entertainment, enrichment presentations and sweeping views of the countryside.
Crystal will welcome Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel to the fleet this month and next, respectively, joining sister ships Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler and the line’s first river ship, Crystal Mozart.