Royal Caribbean announces 2019 Europe sailings
- Explorer of the Seas returns to the UK, with new itineraries calling to Florence, Naples and Stockholm for the first time
- Aussie guests will have the chance to book an epic World Journey from Sydney to Southampton onboard Explorer
- Independence of the Seas will extend her stay in Southampton for 2019
Royal Caribbean has announced its Europe 2019 sailings, on sale from today.
Explorer of the Seas will not return to Alaska and instead replace Navigator of the Seas, sailing from Southampton, England during the Northern Hemisphere summer. The 4200-guest Voyager-class ship will sail two-night to 14-night itineraries throughout Europe calling at the picturesque ports of Florence, Naples and Stockholm for the very first time.
The move will also open up an exciting opportunity to book a bespoke World Journey with back-to-back sailings between Sydney and Southampton, England.
Independence of the Seas will continue to call Southampton, offering three- to 14-night itineraries during the 2019 season following her return to the UK this May after an incredible multi-million dollar makeover. New features include the Sky Pad – a brand new virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience that transports guests to another time and planet via a virtual reality headset; interactive waterpark, Splashaway Bay, which will be bigger and better than ever before; Puzzle Break, an all-new Escape Room; and an incredible glow-in-the-dark Laser Tag arena.
Other highlights for Royal Caribbean’s 2019 Europe sailings for 2019:
- New for 2019, Explorer of the Seas will be travelling to Stockholm, Sweden, for the first time with three sailings across July and August. Stockholm’s highlights include its hip SoFo district, with its artisan bakeries, cafes and vintage shops, and its breathtaking archipelago which guests can explore via foot, ferry or yacht.
- Explorer of the Seas will also be visiting Olden, Norway, the first time for the line in three years. This sleepy little village is the key to some of Norway’s most stunning natural wonders, including a glittering fjord and a vast sea, towering mountains, and blue glaciers sandwiched between green valleys.
- The newly revamped Independence of the Seas will be sailing to Ibiza in August and September for the first time in four years. As well as the medieval walls of Ibiza Town, the White Island is home to lively beaches, traditional villages and natural beauty found in quiet coves, coastal trails and tranquil woodlands.
- Next year’s Western Mediterranean itineraries for both Independence of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas will see the ships call at Florence, Italy and Naples, Italy, during select summer months. In Naples, guests will fall in love with the Royal Palace, San Carlo Opera House and Duomo, the city’s Cathedral, while Florence is packed with breath-taking Renaissance artistic treasures for guests to discover