Viking launches 2019 river cruise brochure
New itineraries include the 8-day Rhône Explorer, roundtrip from Lyon, where guests will follow the trade routes of centuries old as they explore the beautiful French countryside along the Rhône River, priced from $4,595 per person, and the 10-day Holland and Belgium in Bloom, from Amsterdam to Antwerp or vice versa, where guests will soak up Dutch and Flemish culture on the scenic cruise through a vast network of rivers and canals, cycling through tulip fields and strolling the renowned Keukenhof Gardens, priced from $4,595 per person.
Feedback from agents was incorporated in the development of the brochure, which now features extra space for more in-depth itineraries and a stronger focus on Viking’s range of convenient pre and post cruise extensions. Of particular interest is the Silver Spirits Beverage Package, which allows guests to enjoy unlimited premium wines and beers for the entire duration of their cruise, or a cocktail anytime. Agents also requested more information on the Aquavit Terrace, the al fresco dining area on the bow of the ship, which provides Viking guests with more outdoor dining than any other river cruise line.
“We are delighted to offer even more itineraries in Europe, which showcase the most popular river cruising destinations in the world. We’re also proud to feature seven of our expertly-designed, brand new river ships,” said Michelle Black, Managing Director Viking, Australia and New Zealand. “After listening to valuable feedback from agents we believe the enhancements in this brochure will make it a lot easier to talk about Viking and the important ways in which we differ from other cruise lines.”
Viking is currently offering 2019 river cruises at 2018 prices plus a range of exceptional value special offers on bookings made by 30 April 2018. These include:
- Fly free on itineraries of 13 days or more in Europe, Russia, Asia or Southeast Asia, in any stateroom or suite category
- Fly for $995 per person on itineraries of 12 days or less in Europe or Ukraine, in any stateroom or suite category
- Fly Business Class for $4,995 per person on any Europe or Russia itinerary of 13 days or more in a Veranda Stateroom category or above
- Fly free to Europe when any two European river cruises are booked back to back regardless of duration
- Travel with friends and save $600 per couple when six or more people book any river cruise of 13 days or more together
- Customise the airline or break up the journey to Europe with a stopover for just $250 per person in Economy Class or $500 in
- Business Class on a choice of Emirates, Singapore Airlines or Qatar Airways.
For additional information, contact Viking Cruises at 138 747 (Australia) and 0800 447 913 (New Zealand) or visit www.vikingcruises.com.au