Avalon Waterways breathes new life
New 2019 brochure showcases six exciting new tours including the wonders of India
From fresh pastries in Paris, traditional Bavarian beer in Bamberg, remote villages dotted along the Upper Irrawaddy, to the colourful scenes along India’s sacred Ganges – Avalon Waterways today announced its new and rejuvenated cruising offering as part of its 2019 River Cruises brochure.
With six fresh itineraries exploring new parts of Asia and Europe, including the introduction of a whole new market; an offering of all-suite ships, meaning all Avalon Waterways ships will now offer suites with the popular floor to ceiling, open air balconies; and an exciting extension to its Avalon Choice services – providing a selection of included excursions and on-board activities – covering ‘Discovery’, ‘Active’ and ‘Classic’ elements, Avalon Waterways travellers are in for a thrilling year on the river.
Globus family of brands National Marketing Manager Chris Fundell said the launch of Avalon Waterways’ 2019 brochure is one of their most exciting yet with a variety of new developments, created specifically with their customers in mind.
“We’re thrilled to be announcing six fascinating new itineraries for 2019, and we’re particularly excited to introduce our first ever cruise in the truly fascinating destination, India. There’s something really special about India’s rich culture and beautiful landscapes that we’re sure will be a hit with our Aussie travellers,” said Mr Fundell.
Avalon Waterways will now offer an invigorating 13-day voyage through the heart of India allowing Aussie travellers a glimpse into typical Indian life, away from its big cities. Tick-off not only the iconic Taj Mahal and Amber Fort but explore Saint Mother Teresa’s former home and interact with local saree weavers, goldsmiths and pottery makers for a once-in-a-lifetime cruise.
Following the success of Active Discovery on Danube, Avalon Waterways has introduced a new eight-day Active Discovery on the Rhône itinerary. Staying true to its Active Discoveryroots, this cruise allows its guests to not only take-in the spectacular sights from the Rhône delta of Southern France to the culinary crown of Lyon, but cycle around the Camargue Regional National Park, canoe through the canyons of the stunning Gorges de l’Ardèche and experience a unique underground wine tasting with local wine-making expert and cave specialist.
The six new cruises include:
- Active Discovery on the Rhône: 8 days, Arles to Lyon and Lyon to Arles
- Reflections on the Seine: 9 days, Paris to Paris
- German Grandeur: 11 days, Basel to Munich and Munich to Basel
- Enchanted Europe: 18 days Budapest to Basel, 16 days Basel to Budapest
- Burmese Days: 11 days, Yangon to Yangon
- Colourful India & the Ganges River: 13 days, Delhi to Kolkata
In addition to these new itineraries, Avalon Waterways’ much-loved favourites have been rejuvenated and will now provide a selection of new included excursions and on-board activities, aptly named Avalon Choice, covering ‘Discovery’, ‘Active’ and ‘Classic’ elements. These hands-on experiences have been designed to allow guests to tailor their holiday to best suit their own interests and sense of adventure, providing for a more immersive and cultural experience.
- Discovery: Avalon Waterways has found inspiring and interactive activities designed to speak to specific and niche interests – from cooking classes, to painting workshops – allowing guests to immerse in each culture the cruise explores
- Active: Embark on energetic excursions to keep in motion and on the go – from guided jogging tours, to cycling, paddling, and hiking through scenic locales
- Classic: Local experts are on hand to share knowledge and insights through the history and heritage of local destinations. Marvel at the legends, lore, and spectacular architecture of iconic and historic sites
To celebrate the launch of the 2019 River Cruises brochure, Avalon Waterways is offering consumers a saving of up to $2,500 (per couple) off select Avalon Waterways cruises, as well as a $4,600 flight credit (per couple) for any Magnificent Europe booking. This credit can be applied towards the customers’ preferred airline.
To book or for more information visit www.avalonwaterways.com.au. Terms and conditions apply. Travel must be in 2019.