Most-booked festive tours in the world on TripAdvisor
Ahead of the festive season, TripAdvisor has compiled a list of some of the most-booked festive tours this season, for Australians headed overseas for Christmas or New Year’s Eve celebrations. For those staying at home, we’ve included the most popular tour for Australia.
From seeing the Christmas Lights in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, to a small-group gourmet food tour in Quebec, or bonfires in Reykjavik, the list is dominated by North America with a smattering of European destinations too. Presented in no particular order:
- Christmas Lights in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn (NY, USA) Experience the suburb’s decades-long tradition of setting up next level Christmas light decorations that are among the best residential displays in the world
- Chicago Holiday Lights Tour (IL, USA) Enjoy the best light displays the Windy City can offer, then enjoy the famous German Christkindlmarket, held every year in Daley Plaza
- New Year’s Eve in Reykjavik: Bonfire Tour and Fireworks Display (Iceland) This 5-hour excursion explores the New Year’s Eve traditions in Reykjavik, including fireworks displays, street parties and bonfires
- Winter Wonderland Adventure at Vancouver’s Capilano Suspension Bridge (BC, Canada) Check out the sparkle of Christmas lights as you cross a suspension bridge 136 meters over the Capilano River, then try the Cliffwalk, a suspended, glass-bottomed walkway jutting out from granite cliffs, before taking to walkways sustainably attached to centuries-old Douglas firs that are over 30 meters above the forest floor
- Hong Kong New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise and Dinner (Hong Kong) Welcome 2018 with a clear view of the city’s famous New Year’s Eve fireworks, buffet dinner and unlimited drinks aboard a boat on the harbour
- Leavenworth Christmas Tour from Seattle with Optional Sleigh Ride (WA, USA) Nestled deep in the snowy Cascade Mountains, this all-day tour is about as American as you can get: Roast chestnuts over an open fire; sledding in the street; and more than half a million tiny Christmas lights lighting up the night
- Christmas in Quebec City: Small-Group Gourmet Food Tour (Quebec, Canada) Knowledgeable local guides will explain the history and culture of this fascinating city, pointing out unique architecture, gourmet food destinations and romantic boutique stores
- Vienna Christmas Tour including Belvedere Palace Market (Austria) Explore the city’s most popular Christmas markets, learn about holiday traditions and visit local attractions such as St Stephen’s Cathedral, dressed in thousands of lights for the festive season
- San Francisco Holiday Nights and Sights (CA, USA) Ride through San Fran in a refurbished cable car while the guide leads holiday singalongs between sharing expert breakdowns of the city’s beautiful Christmas lights
- Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Christmas Cruise with 5-Course Dinner (France) Take in the views of Paris’ UNESCO World Heritage-listed riverbank scenery as you dine on a Christmas menu of foie gras, truffled polenta and champagne while the Eiffel Tower shimmies past your window
One of the most popular Australian tour the New Year’s Eve Opera Gala at the Sydney Opera House.
This list was compiled by surfacing the most-booked festive tours over the previous 365 days, from the categories of “Christmas”, “New Years”, or “Seasonal Events”.