Travel-inspired ways to keep 2018 resolutions
Ahead lie 365 opportunities for resolution writers to hold fast to the goals that all too often fall by the wayside before January even ends. We’ve gathered a few great travel ideas to inspire your readers to jumpstart – and keep – their 2018 New Year’s resolutions:
Resolved: To relax and recharge
- Take a holiday from the holidays. Too often the magic of the holiday season comes wrapped in stress, thanks to the pressures of gift shopping, party hosting, and crowded malls, roads and airports. Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa has the perfect antidote with The Post-Holidays Holiday Package. Available Jan. 1-31, it includes beachfront accommodations (based on a two-night minimum), daily buffet breakfast for two, and two 50-minute signature treatments in the resort’s ocean-inspired SiSpa. Rates start at $344 per night.
Resolved: To be fit and healthy
- Make fitness fun. From its mountain perch above the Arizona desert, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa offers guests creative ways to transform their workout with a break from the standard gym routine. The resort’s Hike-Tech package includes a two-night stay for two in a luxurious Mountain Casita, guided hike up Camelback Mountain, a GoPro Hero Session (with choice of head strap or hand grip) to keep, a 60-minute spa treatment per person, and breakfast for two daily. Another option? The resort’s complimentary Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga classes on the resort’s infinity pool. Instructors guide guests through a sequence of yoga poses while they stand on a secured board, surrounded by spectacular mountain and valley views.
- Take a personalized approach. The legendary Pebble Beach Resorts makes it easy for guests to create a fitness and wellness experience that suits their own goals and lifestyle, combining spa treatments with world-class workouts, hikes on nearly 30 miles of beautifully scenic trails, and healthy dining at Stillwater Bar & Grill and The Spa Juice Bar & Café. The Spa at Pebble Beach is one of only 56 spas in the world to receive the coveted Forbes Five-Star Award. Just a short stroll away is The Beach & Tennis Club, with its fitness center featuring the very best in exercise equipment, professional instructors, classes and personal trainers. The club even employs a physical therapist, who can assess problem areas and create a customized exercise program employing the latest corrective exercise techniques.
Resolved: To keep romance fresh
- Turn date night into a weekend getaway. Northeast travelers can steal away to Marriott Syracuse Downtown, housed in an exquisitely restored 1924 landmark building, for a romantic weekend in the heart of downtown Syracuse – a city in the midst of its own exciting renaissance. A thriving arts scene, live theater and music, museums and historic sites are all within an easy stroll. Among the exceptional local dining options is the hotel’s own wine-focused Eleven Waters – the centerpiece of the Eleven Waters Day and Night Package that includes buffet breakfast for two and a $50 food and beverage dinner credit. Winner of the Best City Center Historic Hotel Award by Historic Hotels of America, the AAA Four-Diamond-rated Marriott Syracuse Downtown offers a perfect blend of stylish, modern accommodations and magnificent, historic public spaces that evoke the glamour of the building’s 1920s heyday and add to its romantic appeal.
- Ramp up the romance. Martha’s Vineyard’s historic Harbor View Hotel is courting couples with an Anniversary Package that pulls out all the stops on a romantic milestone celebration. It includes a two-night stay, a half dozen long-stemmed roses, sparking wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in room, and a 30-minute photo shoot with a local photographer for a keepsake portrait couples will treasure.
- Take Manhattan together. Who wouldn’t be swept away by an epic theater-themed weekend in the big city? The official hotel of the Tony Awards, Sofitel New York in midtown Manhattan is ideally located for an evening at a Broadway show. Its elegant restaurant, Gaby Brasserie Française, captures the energy of the city and is perfect for a pre- or post-theater dinner and nightcap. And no one could blame couples for stretching out the weekend with an additional night, thanks to Sofitel’s Stay Longer and Save offer that includes 20 percent off stays of three nights or more.
Resolved: To live in the moment
- Capture the moment at Singer Island. Guests of Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa can step right out onto the sand of an idyllic private beach – the perfect launch pad to all of the adventures of Florida’s storied Gold Coast. With the Capture the Moment package, guests receive their very own Go Pro Waterproof camera Hero 4 to accompany them on Gold Coast adventures, from the resort’s own lagoon pool and water slide to scuba diving and deep-sea fishing. Even better, the camera is theirs to keep so they can continue to capture memories long after they return home. The package also includes daily rental of two beach chairs and umbrella. A two-night minimum stay is required. Rates start at $564 per night.
Resolved: To spend quality time with family
- Enjoy a true “home away from home.” With families recognizing the benefits of a private home rental now more than ever, InvitedHome provides world-class experiences with unrivaled amenities and privacy. Guests can book bucket-list family getaways in top resort destinations with properties sleeping up to 25 people, and offering sought-after amenities like ski-in, ski-out access and an on-the-ground team to plan excursions (or even stock the fridge!). One such home is Seventh Heaven in Breckenridge, Colorado. The 5,200-square-foot home sleeps up to 17 people, with a game room, media room, home theater and multiple patios. For families looking to trade snow for sand, The Leilani in Maui features a lava-rock-lined lazy river, waterfalls, and quick access to wonderful dining and hikes through the bamboo forest.