Swiss Chocolate Cycle: enter a world of pure imagination
UTracks, the active European holiday specialist has revealed its “golden ticket to imagination and adventure” launching a new self guided Swiss Chocolate Cycle for 2018.
Suitable for chocolate lovers of all ages, the seven-day Chocolate Cycle follows a loop from Zurich through classic Swiss landscapes, along dedicated bike paths and quiet country roads.
According to Kate Baker, UTracks General Manager, Willy Wonka himself could not have planned a better adventure for children, and the young at heart.
“Our itinerary immerses you in a world of pure imagination with visits to not one, but two chocolate factories as well as the opportunity to create your own chocolate bar and learn the secrets of Swiss chocolate production,” she said.
“Ever since the first chocolate factory was opened by François-Louis Cailler nearly 200 years ago Switzerland has become a paradise for chocolate lovers.
“Now home to some of the world’s most famous chocolate brands, including Cailler, Lindt & Sprüngli, Nestlé and Frey, it should be no surprise that the Swiss are the highest consumers of chocolate in the world. On average, a Swiss person consumes more than 10.6 kilograms of chocolate every year!
“With this kind of setting, the trip is the closest you will come to letting your kids loose in the chocolate factory and making their dreams come true.”
Other highlights of the Swiss Chocolate Cycle include:
- Exploring the charming historic centres of Zurich and Lucerne
- A magical boat trip around the Bay of Lucerne
- Exploring the towns of Aarau, Sursee and Zug
- Cycling through the forests of Sihlwald National Park
- Visiting the thermal spa town of Baden.
The Swiss Chocolate Cycle is a self-guided itinerary with daily departures from Zurich (except Saturday) between 6 May and 14 October 2018. Priced from $1550 per adult and from $990 per child (aged two-12 years).
The seven-day Swiss Chocolate Cycle includes:
- Six nights accommodation (twin share) in 3* hotels and daily breakfast
- 24 speed men or women’s bike with the option to upgrade to an electric bike. Children’s bikes are also available. Trailers can be arranged for children as young as two years and trail-a-bikes are available for children aged four to nine.
- Frey Chocolatier visit (including chocolate bar creation) and Aeschbach Chocolatier tour.
- Ticket for panorama yacht on Lake Lucerne.
- Luggage transfers and information pack including route notes and map.
UTracks has a range of exciting new 2018 European itineraries to capture every traveller’s imagination including:
More information at www.utracks.com or call 1300 303 368.