Qantas Business Rewards and American Express launch new card
Qantas Business Rewards and American Express have launched the first charge card where Australian small and medium businesses can earn Qantas Points directly on their everyday business spending.
The American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card will allow card members to earn up to two Qantas Points per dollar spent on card purchases.
Key benefits include:
- Triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights. That is in addition to points earned when using the card to pay for
flights and the points earned by the individual Qantas Frequent Flyer member travelling.
- Two Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services, such as flights, Qantas Club membership, and
purchases through the Qantas Store (uncapped).
- 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday business purchases (uncapped).
- 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on utilities, insurance and with government organisations including the Australian
Taxation Office (uncapped).
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge passes per card membership year.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance for the card member, their partner, dependents and any
employees with supplementary cards when travel is paid for with the card.
- Launch offer of 100,000 bonus Qantas Points for new card members approved by 31 December 2017 who spend
$3,000 within first two months.
Qantas Loyalty CEO Lesley Grant said the new card will make business spend more rewarding for small businesses.
“Consumers can already earn Qantas Points using a points-earning card so we want to make it just as easy for small businesses to do that too,” Ms Grant said.
“Using this card for their everyday business expenses means companies can quickly boost their Qantas Points balance and use their points to help save on costs by booking flights, rewarding employees or redeeming them for a new office item through the Qantas Store.
“The card is a great way for Qantas Business Rewards members to ‘triple-dip’ on the Qantas Points they’re earning when they fly and ‘double-dip’ on spend on the ground with our Qantas Business Rewards program partners.”
Martin Seward, Vice President, Global Commercial Payments, American Express said, “Who doesn’t want to earn Qantas Points for business expenditures you were making anyway?”
“Recent American Express research found that nearly half (48 percent) of Australian small business travellers said the ability to earn and redeem points was a key contributing factor to their satisfaction with their card1. We know that American Express’ and Qantas’ reward programs are the most popular of their kind amongst Australian consumers and we’re pleased to offer Qantas Points along with a host of other benefits to small and medium businesses through the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card.”
The American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card offers up to 51 interest free days on purchases and no pre-set spending limit, giving greater flexibility for businesses. The product offers up to 99 Supplementary Cards for employees at no additional cost, making it easier for businesses to accumulate Qantas Points quickly.