Agents win the world in Star Alliance 20th Anniversary Draw
Star Alliance set this year’s AFTA National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA) alight with a 20th Anniversary Draw that showered travel agents with tickets to Asia, Canada, America, Europe, Japan and South Africa.
As the travel industry’s most prestigious awards evening began, guests peeled open their Star Alliance-branded napkin holder to reveal a unique number. During the evening Star Alliance member airlines then drew six lucky winners, with the recipients including:
- Anna McMurtrie (Wentworth Travel) – return tickets for two to Toronto with Air Canada
- Michael Middleton (Bicton Travel) – return tickets for two to Tokyo and Nagoya, Osaka or Fukuhara flyingAll Nippon Airways (ANA)
- Kenneth Ung (Nexus Holidays) – return tickets for two to Asia on EVA Air
- Kate Hansen (Bicton Travel) – return tickets for two to South Africa courtesy of South African Airways
- Debbie Ashes (Helloworld Travel Lane Cove) – return tickets for two to Europe via Bangkok with Thai Airways and Turkish Airlines
- Lauren Ashes (Helloworld Travel Lane Cove) – return tickets for two to New York flying United Airlines.
Addressing the NTIA audience – gathered this year in Sydney’s International Convention Centre – Star Alliance Country Steering Committee Chair Tim Clyde-Smith took the opportunity to thank the entire Australian travel industry for helping the Alliance celebrate 20 years of “connecting people and cultures”.
“And thank you to our member airlines for once again working together tonight to deliver something magical, because that is, of course, what Star Alliance is all about.”
For the third consecutive year, Star Alliance also sponsored the Best Non-Branded Travel Agency Group category at NTIA, with the category won by Magellan Travel Group.