Annual Carlson Wagonlit Travel Responsible Business report shows accelerated success
Carlson Wagonlit Travel, the global travel management group, has further strengthened its leadership in responsible business and is revealing significant progress in its June 2017 report. Through demonstrating continuous and substantial evolution and engagement in responsible business, CWT achieved the EcoVadis Gold rating in 2017, making it to the top 1% of all companies worldwide for responsible business practices.
“Being a responsible business is fundamental to the way we work – we live and breathe it every day, in everything we do,” said Kurt Ekert, president and CEO of Carlson Wagonlit Travel. “Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) governance model is underpinned by public, long-term commitments, so people know that when they do business with us, they are partnering with a company and people wholly committed to all aspects of responsible business.”
CWT continued to improve in all seven of its CSR domains in 2016; Responsible Business Governance, Ethics & Business Behavior, Human Resources, Human Rights, Environment, Responsible Products and Services and Community Involvement.
Key achievements include:
- 94 percent of all 2020 Responsible Business objectives have been initiated,
- Over 99 percent of employees are trained in the Ethics and Compliance Program code,
- 22 countries representing 80 percent of CWT’s total revenue reported environmental data,
- 75 community involvement initiatives in 2016 bringing the total to more than 300 since 2014, and
- The Global Responsible Business Network expanded to 80 members across 32 countries and cover all functions of the business.
CWT also continues to strongly commit itself to the UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles, covering the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption. It also has a strong connection to ECPAT International, a global network of civil society organizations campaigning to end the sexual exploitation of children.