MTA rolls out “productivity game changing” facility
In what MTA – Mobile Travel Agents CEO, Don Beattie describes as a “massive game changer for productivity”, MTA will shortly commence the roll out of its new in-house ‘Global Fares’ tool across its entire Member base.
Announcing the news to Members attending the ‘MTA Moments Matter’ National Conference
on the Gold Coast, CEO Beattie said the new product had undergone successful trials and roll out was scheduled for May.
Key attributes of the new technology include:
- A search engine displaying all available flights on any given sector
- The ability to book flights that originate outside of Australia
- Access to world-wide low cost carriers/web fares for availability, pricing and ticketing
- Multi – leg itinerary search capability
- Access market specific published and private fares– at local point of sale
- Access world-wide specialty fares – e.g. marine/off-shore, missionary)
- Automated PNR creation from existing GDS stored profiles
- Local currency equivalent display with each search
- Fare rules shown with a click of a mouse
“The ‘Global Fares’ solution is a major game changer for our Members productivity,” Mr Beattie said.
MTA Chief Information officer, Ben Merricks said the new ‘Global Fares’ solution combined with the innovative ‘MTA Companion’ mobile itinerary builder and travel app launched last year continues to place MTA Members at the very forefront of the ever-developing travel technology landscape.