2016 – TravelManagers celebrate a year of outstanding achievements
TravelManagers dominance continues as Australia’s premium travel network with Chief Operating Officer Grant Campbell proudly describing 2016, as being “another year of outstanding achievements” for the company.
“2016 saw TravelManagers achieve its best ever sales month and when you add in the significant raft of supplier awards, our growth and development as a company has been nothing short of exceptional, with the level of activity across the 12 months proving to be phenomenal.”
- The month of February took the honour of being the highest sales month to date, an increase of 9% on the previous year
- Scenic Luxury Cruises award TravelManagers’ Top Sales Multi Location Award for the second consecutive year
- TravelManagers recognised as a member of Cruiseco’s Million Dollar Club and achieves Top 5 in Sales Award
- For the eighth consecutive year, TravelManagers are finalist for Best Travel Agency Retail Location in AFTA’s National Travel Industry Awards
- Sunlover Holidays recognizes TravelManagers as the number three Best-Selling Megastar Travel Agency for the highest value in sales for fourth consecutive year
- Qantas Holidays recognizes four personal travel managers with Global Achievers Gold status
- Great Southern Rail welcomes TravelManagers to the Chairman’s Club
- TravelManagers achieve record sales for the World’s Leading Cruise Lines’ brands based on Cruise Sale promotions
TravelManagers celebrated its 500th personal travel manager in 2016, clearly positioning the company as Australia’s largest and most experienced home-based travel consultant brand.
“We are extremely proud that our personal travel managers on average, have 21 years of industry experience. It is this knowledge and expertise, combined with their genuine love and passion for travel that ensures their clients receive tailor made and co-created itineraries the majority of which are based around personal experience. TravelManagers’ personal travel managers really are the most experienced travel advisors in the business,” says Campbell.
Campbell highlights the company’s focus on its Australia-wide geographic coverage and strong physical support and recognizes that the seven locally state based business partnership managers have been critical in its success.
“We have personal travel manager representation from as far north as Wagaman in the Northern Territory to Margate in Tasmania and everywhere in between. We know the value our business partnership managers add and we were excited to welcome Norrie Kahika our second Brisbane based business partnership manager covering northern New South Wales and South Queensland last year.”
Campbell goes on to say “Our focus on training and facilitating networking opportunities for our personal travel managers via strong national and state-based support through the national partnership office and business partnership managers remained strong. Our personal travel managers respond by doing what they do best – providing personal service and going above and beyond for their clients, clearly shows the TravelManagers model is a winning formula.”
- 2016 saw record personal travel manager attendance at the company’s locally based state meetings in November and the Annual Conference in Bangkok in August was deemed the most successful to date
- 500 plus supplier product and training cluster meetings were held in suburban and regional centres throughout Australia providing personal travel managers the ability to learn about partner supplier products and initiatives and also provided valuable networking opportunities
- 700 one-on-one meetings were held between business partnership managers and personal travel managers
- Personal travel managers individually and collectively worked together to organise and co-ordinate 40 local travel expos and film evenings
- 193 national webinars were organized by the national partnership office, 121 of these facilitated by partner suppliers
- Fares and Ticketing adapted traditional webinars into fortnightly ‘short and sharp’ webinars
- Nationwide training included 32 NextGen Tramada mid/back office sessions, 8 Introduction to Splash sessions, 6 Marketing sessions and 16 Fares & Ticketing sessions
- Twelve monthly Tramada mid/back office induction courses were conducted for new personal travel manager recruits
- Tramada Induction training was restructured to focus on the basics and introduced 3 week and 6 week webinar review sessions to cover additional aspects of the booking process
Campbell says the company’s investment in people continued to be an important facet of 2016.
“TravelManagers welcomed three new faces to the national partnership office in the roles of Cruise Strategy Executive, Marketing Director and Campaigns Executive. These strategic appointments ultimately support the personal travel manager network and I’m thrilled to say they have all hit the ground running, having achieved significant results in a very short time. We have witnessed an increase in personal travel managers’ booking and selling into Cruise Sales Weeks and an overall increase in cruise sales with our partner suppliers as just one example.”
Campbell is also excited by the increase of consumer brand awareness with marketing support remaining a significant focus.
“September saw TravelManagers launch its first consumer focused video commercial highlighting the benefits and services of booking with a personal travel manager. We understand the unique needs of each and every personal travel manager, just like their clients they are individual in their own niches and business focus. As such it remains a priority that we provide our personal travel managers with the tools to communicate and market effectively to their clients in a way that suits them.”
- Forty-eight centrally produced personalized eNewsletters were provided to each personal travel managers’ client database with an additional 20 customised eNewsletters produced with individualized calls to action
- 59 consumer website blog articles were published
- Consumer website was completely overhauled and re-launched resulting in page views increasing by more than 23%
- Facebook page fan base grew by 36%
- A range of new branded merchandise for personal travel managers including USB sticks, travel packs, table cloths and compendiums was introduced
- Over 250 projects and requests to support individual personal travel managers in developing advertising materials and marketing templates were fulfilled
TravelManagers dedicated famil programme continues to be a success story.
“Many key airline, cruise and wholesale supplier relationships have been built over many years with support from our partner suppliers being absolutely key to our business model. The ability for our personal travel managers to experience a wide range of dedicated worldwide famils is a large part of this support,” says Campbell.
- Two hundred and ninety personal travel managers participated on worldwide product/destination famils, an increase of 14% on 2015
- Thirteen famils were exclusively dedicated to TravelManagers’ personal travel managers compared to only seven in previous years
Campbell says TravelManagers prides itself on providing superior client service, with technology advancement and training continuing to be a priority for 2017.
“TravelManagers is a 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year business. The release of the TravelManagers app was a major milestone allowing clients to access their itineraries in the palm of their hand. With personally sensitive information secure the app also allows travellers to book additional arrangements locally at their destination generating additional commission for their personal travel manager. With our continued advanced technology focus, TravelManagers is in the enviable position of being the market leader and at the forefront, not only of home-based consulting but of providing essential support services to clients as well,” he says.
- TravelManagers introduce a new payment platform
- The launch of TravelManagers’ in-house booking system ‘Splash’ was introduced to the network on a progressive state-by-state basis
- TravelManagers announced new simplified access to various network systems
- Personal travel manager briefings and testing of Business Intelligence Dashboard was undertaken in preparation for January 2017 launch
The launch of the personal travel manager dividend payment and the simplification of the fares and ticketing fees signify the company’s recognition of relevance for its personal travel managers in 2016 and beyond.
“The announcement of dividend payment in August 2016 recognizes the individual personal travel manager growth and the new one thousand dollar conference bonus payment was introduced to acknowledge and reward the incredible loyalty we have amongst our personal travel managers.”
With a formula that is working so successfully, Campbell is confident 2017 will see TravelManagers continue its brand dominance and being the mobile home-based travel consulting company of choice.
“From experience we know by supporting and investing in our people, increased sales and business success will naturally follow. The future of home-based consulting has never looked brighter.”
For more information or to speak to someone confidentially about TravelManagers please contact Suzanne Laister on 1800 019 599.
TravelManagers operates in all Australian States and is a wholly owned subsidiary of House of Travel, Australasia’s largest independent travel company which has a forecast turnover of $1.5 billion for 2015. TravelManagers is a sister company to Hoot Holidays, also owned by House of Travel, and has more than 500 personal travel managers throughout Australia with a dedicated support team at the company’s national partnership office in Sydney. TravelManagers places all customer money in a dedicated and audited Client Trust Account which is separate from the general business accounts, ensuring client funds are only used for client purchases.