Cathay Pacific first to bring new Airbus A350 to Brisbane
Brisbane travellers will soon be able to experience the comfort and technological advances of the world’s newest plane – the Airbus A350-900 – with the announcement today Cathay Pacific will introduce the aircraft onto its daily service starting in March 2017. This will be the first A350 to serve Brisbane.
Seating 280 passengers in three classes – Business Class, Premium Economy Class and Economy Class – the upgrade to the A350 represents an increase in capacity of 12 per cent and significant additional cargo capacity.
Nelson Chin, General Manager – Southwest Pacific, Cathay Pacific, said, “We are truly thrilled to be the first airline to introduce the A350 to Brisbane. It features the very latest cabin design and a superior air travel experience for passengers.
“As a larger aircraft, the A350 also enables us to bring more passengers into Brisbane and take Queenslanders seamlessly to more than 170 destinations around the world,” he said.
“We are launching the new service with some very special fares for departures from Brisbane in the A350 in Business Class, Economy Class and Premium Economy Class to Hong Kong, London, Rome, Paris, Dusseldorf and Tel Aviv.”
Cathay Pacific has been flying to Brisbane for more than 30 years and is the only airline to currently offer not just Business Class and Economy Class but also the highly acclaimed Premium Economy Class.
“With 11 flights a week, we have become a firm favourite for many Queenslanders heading overseas, as well as bringing business people and tourists alike into the Sunshine State,” he added.
Julieanne Alroe, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) CEO and Managing Director said, “Cathay Pacific will be the first and only operator of the world’s most modern aircraft, the Airbus A350, at Brisbane Airport.
“This aircraft is the latest word in comfort, safety and new technology in the sky.
Importantly, it will be quietest long-haul aircraft serving Brisbane, a trend we welcome.
“The A350 is also bigger than the previous aircraft and will bring in over 10,000 new inbound seats per year to deliver visitors and business people to Brisbane and across Queensland.
“Hong Kong is one of the great travel hubs of the world and a gateway to mainland China, which is our fastest growing major market.
“Cathay Pacific has been a favourite of Brisbane business travellers for years, we all now have even more to look forward to next time we fly with Cathay Pacific,” Ms Alroe said.
The Airbus A350-900 is lighter, 25 per cent more fuel efficient and therefore better for the environment and is the newest aircraft in the Cathay Pacific fleet.
- Newly re-styled Business Class, Premium Economy Class and Economy Class cabins with seating created for greater comfort whether working or relaxing;
- The Premium Economy Class and Economy Class seats also come with a number of new features, including dedicated tablet holders, in-seat power outlets and USB ports.
- Each Premium Economy Class seat has a fully integrated leg rest, which, together with the ergonomically designed seat, allows more flexibility to adjust for optimal comfort. The six-way headrest in Economy Class is a proprietary design that provides better support and enhances sleeping comfort;
- The interior features more space and comfort including panoramic windows, LED mood lighting and huge overhead lockers;
- Greater cabin humidity so passengers feel better and less jet-lagged after their flight;
- Lower cabin pressure and lower noise levels for the best sleeping experience;
- The A350 employs innovative technology to improve the overall performance of the aircraft. Powered by the latest Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines, the A350 is the quietest among the aircraft types in its class;
- All seats come with the latest high-definition touchscreen personal TVs and a greater selection of movies, TV, live news channels and music; and
- Inflight Wi-Fi.
The new aircraft will operate daily on CX156 departing at 0055 and arriving into Hong Kong at 0735. From Hong Kong, Brisbane passengers can connect to over 170 destinations around the world on the Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon network.
A350 Launch Sale fares from Brisbane are on sale from today until 21 December 2016 for flights departing from 3 April to 25 June 2017. Fares include taxes and surcharges and are correct as at 5 December 2016. Terms and conditions apply.
Cathay Pacific will commence daily flights from Melbourne operating the A350 from February 2016.