Raft the Colorado River with Santa on Christmas Eve
Everyone knows Christmas Eve is a BIG day for jolly old St. Nick—but that can’t keep him from breaking away once again for the special outdoor experience that has become his second-favorite annual tradition. On Saturday, Dec. 24, families can join Black Canyon River Adventures for an unforgettable 12-mile “Rafting with Santa” journey along the Colorado River.
This special trip is being offered for one day only this year and will include:
- Santa Claus and his helpers will pilot the rafts on this smooth-water river adventure
- Ground transportation provided by one of Santa’s elves
- Gifts for each passenger
- Boxed lunch and bottled water for a picnic stop on a sandy beach along the way
- Complimentary cookies, hot chocolate and Christmas music at Willow Beach Marina, where the river trip ends
- This unique excursion takes approximately 4.5 hours (6.5 hours including transportation to and from Las Vegas) and departs from the base of Hoover Dam aboard a motor-assisted raft. Guests will enjoy and learn about the history, desert wildlife and beauty in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River. The tour meets at the Lake Mead
- RV Village in Boulder City; out-of-town guests may arrange for round-trip transportation from their hotel.
The “Rafting with Santa” tour departs at 10 a.m. Guests are asked to check in by 9:30 a.m. at the Lake Mead RV Village, located at 268 Lakeshore Road, Boulder City, NV 89005. The cost for adults (16 years and older) is $97; for children 13 to 15 years, $87, and for children 5 to 12 years, $58. Children under 5 are free. Round-trip transportation to and from a Las Vegas-area hotel is $49 per person.
ABOUT BLACK CANYON RIVER ADVENTURES
This unique excursion takes place aboard a motor-assisted raft that allows guests to leisurely enjoy and learn about the history, desert wildlife and beauty in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River. The tour takes place along the portion of the Colorado River designated as the Black Canyon National Water Trail by the National Park Service in 2014.
Both full-day (6.5 hour) and “postcard” tours (1.5 hours) are available. The full-day trip covers 12 miles of the Colorado River and culminates at Willow Beach Marina on Lake Mohave in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. A boxed lunch and transportation back to the departure point is included. Transportation back to your hotel is also available. The postcard tour stays within ½ mile of Hoover Dam and offers spectacular photographic opportunities of the dam and the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial (bypass) bridge completed in October 2010.
ABOUT WILLOW BEACH RESORT AND MARINA
Willow Beach Harbor is located approximately 45 minutes from Las Vegas and is the culmination point for Forever Resorts’ Black Canyon River Adventure flat-water rafting trips. From here, visitors may explore the Colorado River’s 235 miles of shoreline and the myriad opportunities the region offers for hiking, boating and fishing. Its marina offers a variety of power boat rentals, as well as canoe and kayak rentals, a fishing pier and boat launch ramp. Camp sites (tent and RV) are also available.
ABOUT FOREVER RESORTS
Forever Resorts is an exceptional collection of destinations providing hospitality services throughout the world. The company focuses on properties with access to nature and one-of-a-kind surroundings for vacations, including houseboating adventures.