An unexpected abs workout on a thrilling adventure – Montreal Rafting
See the best of Montreal while getting wet, splashed, soaked, rocked and entertained. Ever wonder what adults do when they outgrow the roller coaster? For the ride of your life head to Rafting Montreal for a white water rafting experience that you won’t easily forget! For a break from city life, the Lachine rapids on the St. Lawrence River, are so close to the city, this escape is truly an easy and worthwhile detour.
I suggested this activity to my guests who were visiting Montreal and looking for an adventure in close proximity to the city. Call me crazy, but I completely expected to be a spectator or wall flower on the boat with the hope of keeping my freshly coiffed hair in order and my clothes somewhat dry. What was I thinking! I must have been dreaming to entertain the thought that I can come out looking anything like the person who embarked on this journey. More than just taking a bath in the wild waters of the St. Lawrence River, we were in awe of the natural beauty as we shared the landscape with the birds, the fish, the flora and the fauna. I suppose the abs and core workout was another unexpected benefit. Actually, this was more like a full body workout from head to toes, shoulders and arms. Let’s not forget the adrenaline rush and racing heart beat to keep up with the thrill of the ever high waves, turning this into an exciting cardiovascular workout. To add to the experience was the dose of laughter offered by our expert and professional guides.
Safety was a primary concern, which was clear from the outset, as everyone was fitted with life vests, helmets, and given detailed safety instructions.
Here are a couple of tips for first timers to this great adventure:
1. Bring a change of clothes and towel.
2. Bring sunscreen
3. Leave the sunglasses behind.
4. If you plan on taking photos bring a waterproof camera and have a zippered pocket.
5. Bring wet shoes or rent crocs at the venue for an additional $4.
6. It’s possible to rent wet suits for an additional $10.
7. Not recommended for children under 10.
8. For public transportation, take the green metro line to Angrignon station, followed by the 110 bus. Ask the driver where to disembark for Montreal Rafting.
9. Consider for first dates, bachelor parties, birthday celebrations or work offsite activities.
10. Consider packing a picnic. The grounds are a pretty spot for a snack break.
Rafting Montreal is so close to the city and yet feels like a world away. The St. Lawrence River needs to be experienced from this vantage point to be fully appreciated. An experience with Montreal Rafting is a journey with heart!