Coral Expeditions, Australia’s pioneering expedition cruises, is offering agents additional AU$200 cash per client booked on the Spice Islands Expedition during the 2016 season.
This 12 night voyage through some of the most intriguing parts of the world has guests embarking the state-of-the-art Australian-flagged 72 passenger Coral Discoverer in Darwin.
A highlight is an in-depth exploration of the famous Raja Ampat islands. Home for over 75% of the world’s total coral and fish species, Raja Ampat’s pristine and brightly coloured reef systems offer perhaps the very best snorkelling and diving in the world today.
At Cenderawasih (“Bird of Paradise”) Bay National Park, guests and crew will embark on a search for the largest known extant fish species, the beautiful Whale Shark. The region is one of the few places in the world where it is possible to swim freely with these majestic animals.
Not to forget culture and history – the itinerary retraces the footsteps of the great European explorers in their quest for valuable spices.
The world’s entire supply of nutmeg and mace was grown in the Spice Islands between the 12th and 15th centuries, and even today a stroll through Banda’s local spice markets offers a melting pot of aromas and vibrant characters.
Visit villages that are only slowly emerging into the 21st century. In Pulau Gam’s traditional Sawingrai village, guests will join a local guide on a walk through the rainforest in search of the iconic Red Bird of Paradise.
Purpose built in 2005 for cruising the South Pacific and the tropics, guests aboard Coral Discoverer will enjoy a uniquely Australian atmosphere, with comfortable furnishings, generous decks and modern facilities.
Coral Discoverer accommodates just 72 guests in 36 staterooms. Her shallow draught allows access to even the most isolated and remote locations of the South Pacific, beyond the reach of most cruise ships.
This 12 night cruise includes:
- Daily shore excursions on expedition vessel ‘Xplorer’
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- All meals (B,L,D), afternoon and morning teas
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Introductory SCUBA skills session (first time divers)
- Port taxes and charges
- Barista-style coffee, tea and selected soft drinks
Terms & Conditions
- AU$200 cash per client for each booking made on Coral Expeditions’ West Papua cruises
- Valid for new bookings made until 31 December 2015
- Payment to agents made 30 days post cruise departure
- Valid for bookings on the following departures: 18-30 March 2016 Darwin to Biak & 30 March-11 April 2016 Biak to Darwin