The weather outside may have been frightful but the mood inside Tommy Bahama’s Sydney store was delightful this week as more than 50 incentive and corporate meeting planners gathered to celebrate Hawaii’s sunny charms.
The colourful flagship store provided a novel venue for the two-hour event, organised by Sydney-based representation company Tourism Portfolio in conjunction with its North American DMC Lizard IncentEvents.
During the evening MICE professionals enjoyed some Hawaiian inspired canapés and cocktails while mixing with sponsors, including Hawaiian Airlines, Hawaii Tourism Oceania, Marriott International and Tommy Bahama.
Not only did guests learn more about Hawaii’s ongoing appeal to Australian incentive and corporate travellers – and the customised programs Lizard IncentEvents can design specifically for local groups – they also had the chance to win some extraordinary prizes.
The biggest winner on the night was Karen Dolan from Flexigroup, who took home two economy class return air tickets to Hawaii, three nights’ accommodation (including breakfast) at JW Ihilani Resort & Spa Ko Olina on Oahu, and two nights (including breakfast) at The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui.
Other winners include:
- Rob Frank, Verve Creative Australia (three nights’ at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa and a ‘Blue Skies of Oahu Tour’ for two from Blue Hawaiian Helicopters)
- Nicole Jack, BNP Paribis (three nights’ for two at The Kauai Marriott Resort)
- Megan Peters, Verve Creative Australia ($500 shopping spree gift voucher for Tommy Bahama)
- Catalina Forero, Maquet (Tommy Bahama perfume pack)
- Eva Nelving, ci events (Tommy Bahama perfume pack).